Khóa tu cho gia đình
(Rất tiếc là khóa tu đã hết chỗ)
Family Retreat “Together We are One”
13-17 April 2013
Wangree Resort, Nakornnayok, Thailand
The Thai Plum Village Sangha is pleased to invite everybody to enjoy the art of living in mindfulness together with the monks and nuns of Plum Village in the family retreat “Together We are One.” The retreat will be led by Zen master Thich Nhat Hanh and the monks and nuns of Plum Village from the 13th to the 17th of April 2013 at Wangree Resort, Nakornnayok province.
This retreat will be a wonderful chance for all of us to practice together. We will learn about the practice of arriving in the present moment at each step, each breath, and in each moment. As we practice living happily in the present moment, we will allow joy to arise in our hearts. We will learn ways to listen deeply, to speak mindfully and lovingly so that we can experience peace and happiness in our relationships. We will help each other to explore ways of thinking that reflect reality as it is, in order to cultivate understanding and compassion for ourselves, for our families and for the world.
Example of daily schedule
5:00 Wake up bell, sitting meditation, chanting, mindful walking
7:30 Breakfast in silence
9:00 Dharma Talk (by Thay Thich Nhat Hanh)
11:30 Lunch together with Sangha
13:30 Total Relaxation
Dharma Sharing (in dharma families, assigned during the retreat)
17:30 Light Dinner
19:30 Presentations: 5 Mindfulness Trainings, Beginning Anew, Touching the Earth, Sangha Building, Sitting Meditation, Chanting
22:00 Noble Silence (continuous until after breakfast)
– Participants must be able to stay for the whole retreat (April 13-17). The registration starts at 10 am on the first day. All activities will be concluded at around 3.30 pm of the last day.
– Polite and modest dress is required. (no cropped tops, tank tops, sleeveless shirts, shorts, or camisoles)
– Vegetarian food, 3 meals a day.
– Please bring umbrellas/hats, flashlights/torches, jackets/shawls (for use in the air-conditioned meditation hall), water bottles, meditation cushions, mosquito repellent, personal belongings, and personal medication.
– Children and Teen Mindful Practice: during the retreat, children who aged 6 years and above will be looked after by a group of monastics and volunteers as they participate in age-appropriate mindful activities. Parents may also participate by taking turn to volunteer. In doing this, apart from spending your precious time with your kids, you also help other parents to devote their time to practicing.
– If your children aged under 6, the parents may support the organizing team to take care of your children during the retreat.
Shared room for 2, 3, 4, 5 and 10 persons with different rates. Family members who would like to stay together please register at the same time in order to facilitate accommodation arrangement. Retreatants who apply on their own or with 2 persons will be placed in accommodations with other retreatants (men and women are housed separately). The organizing team reserves the right for the final decisions regarding accommodation arrangement throughout the retreat.
– Buses to Wangree Resort on April 13 will be provided without additional charge.
Meeting Point: In front of Mc Donald’s, Amarin Tower, BTS Skytrain at Chit Lom Station (E1).
Time: April 13, 6.30 am
There will be the return buses to the same place on April 17 after the retreat ends (estimated to arrive at 6.30 pm).
– If you would like to travel to Wangree Resort on your own, please study map at here: Wangree Map
Sorry the retreat is full now